struts-user mailing list archives

From Rick Reumann <maill...@reumann.net>
Subject Re: java.util.Dates and Struts
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2002 21:54:28 GMT
On Mon, 23 Dec 2002 13:33:59 -0500
Jim Krygowski <james.krygowski@shaws.com> wrote:

> As regards the tags, I would like to render an html input type="text".
>  As
> far as I know, you can't nest tags so...

> pattern="MM/dd/yy" value="${element.yourDate}"/>"/>
>
> ...won't work.

I'm almost positive the el tags people mention a lot on this list can do
this. I'm not sure though since I haven't had the need to do it yet. I
think the JSTL allows nesting as well but I'm new to them myself so I'm
not sure. Let me know what you end up using for nesting the format date
tag in case I end up needing it someday:)

I'm also not sure what business requirements your trying to fill but it
seems like if you have a "myDate" String property in your form bean it
probably corresponds to something meaningful across all the value object
beans as well? In other words I'm having trouble grasping what
relationship with the form bean and the possible value object doesn't
match up? Obviously it doesn't or else you could simply use the
BeanUtils stuff we initially mentioned:)

--
Rick