struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [OT] HAPPY HOLIDAYS, EVERYONE
Date Tue, 24 Dec 2002 03:41:02 GMT

On Mon, 23 Dec 2002, James Mitchell wrote:

> +1
>
> <trying-to-stay-politically-correct>
> ...and a very Merry Christmas to you (if you believe in that sort of
> thing).
> </trying-to-stay-politically-correct>

<not-giving-a-rip-about-political-correctness>
Let us all spend some time this joyous season reflecting on the magnitude
of a God that would bother to create the likes of us, and His willingness
to sacrifice a Son to maintain a relationship with all the idiots and
dirtbags we have to deal with every day (including ourselves :-).
Without Christ, there's nothing particularly interesting about Christmas,
except for a determined marketing campaign by all the stores to imply how
inadequate we are if we don't spend lots of money giving each other gifts.
Oh, and a guilt trip to care about the needs of others for a couple of
weeks every year, instead of all the time ...

If all you care about during this season is excuses to party, New Year's
Eve will suffice for that :-).
</not-giving-a-rip-about-political-correctness>

> James Mitchell

Craig McClanahan (unashamedly wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!)