struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: AW: Problems with Eclipse and Struts
Date Tue, 24 Dec 2002 17:09:01 GMT

On Tue, 24 Dec 2002, Oliver Adolph wrote:

> Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 11:45:09 +0100
> From: Oliver Adolph <Oliver.Adolph@intercard.de>
> Subject: AW: AW: Problems with Eclipse and Struts
>
> Hi everybody. I finally figured a way out to debug my web application.
>
> I start Tomcat standalone, but changed the start command to
>
> C:\j2sdk1.4.1_01\bin\java.exe  -Xdebug
> -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,address=8000 -jar
> -Duser.dir="C:\Tomcat4.1" "c:\Tomcat4.1\bin\bootstrap.jar" start

With Tomcat, you can avoid the need for modifying the Tomcat startup
script by putting stuff like this in an environment variable:

set CATALINA_OPTS="-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,address=8000"

and these options will get automatically merged into the command line that
is actually executed.

Craig