struts-user mailing list archives

From "Arik Levin ( Tikal )" <ar...@businesslayers.co.il>
Subject RE: How to forward from a struts form to a login dialog ?
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2002 10:59:31 GMT
There are two main solutions:

The first one is more effective, including JAAS.
You have to make a form that call j_security_check action with j_password
and j_username inputs, the web server has its own security engine that
throws you to your first login page if you are not authorized.

The second solution is simpler. You make a base action which store your user
information at the HttpSession after it has been authorized. Every action
you have at your application should extend this base action. In case of
session timeout or user not authorized just forward to your login page.

I hope this helps you.

Arik.

-----Original Message-----
From: Zsolt Koppany [mailto:zkoppany@web.de]
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 11:18 AM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: How to forward from a struts form to a login dialog ?

Hi,

in a struts form I want to check whether to user has already logged in. If
not, instead of showing the form I want to forward the user to a login
dialog
and he must log in. After the user logged in, I want him to come back to the

form and I have to restore the original parameters of the form.

What is the best solution?

Zsolt