struts-user mailing list archives

From Maciej Ko³odziej <Maciej.Kolodz...@comarch.com>
Subject Problem: Struts+Modules+jsps under WEB-INF
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 12:44:04 GMT
Hi,

I started developing an application with Jakarta Struts 1.1. I decided to build it using multiple
modules (sub-apps) and also hide all jsps under WEB-INF. Thus my application structure looks
like this:
app/img/
app/css/
app/WEB-INF/
app/WEB-INF/classes/
app/WEB-INF/lib/
app/WEB-INF/jsp/
app/WEB-INF/common/
app/WEB-INF/common/mainScreen.jsp

Now I create an action in stuts-config-common.xml and define it like this:

<action forward="/WEB-INF/jsp/common/mainScreen.jsp" path="/test"
scope="request" unknown="false" validate="false"/>

When I want to fire this action I have to type for ex.:

http://localhost:8080/app/common/main.do

But then I get a message:

type Status report

message /common/WEB-INF/jsp/common/mainScreen.jsp
        ^^^^^^^^

description The requested resource (/common/WEB-INF/jsp/common/mainScreen.jsp) is not available.

So the module name is used as context(?) and inserted also before WEB-INF. Why? I don't need
this.
The module name should be put after jsp, as it is, but not before
WEB-INF!
If I create another action test.do and put in in default module (not
common) this doesn't happen. Supposedly because context then is / not
/common. How do I solve this?

--
MK