struts-user mailing list archives

From Mohan Radhakrishnan <Moh...@hclcomnet.co.in>
Subject format messages
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 11:17:08 GMT
Hi,

    We are trying to format messages with the resource bundle. Our messages
depend on the user selection stored in the form bean.

    Is it a good practice to directly access the form bean from the scope
and look for the values in the JSP page using tags ?

    The only way to access a particular form bean is to iterate over the
collection of form beans ?

    If I were to use the java messageformat class then it is duplication of
effort because struts is already doing this.

     What is recommended ? How do you access the form bean using the
bean:define tag ?

       Something like this <bean:define id="foo" value='<%=...
FORM_BEANS_KEY.../> ?

Mohan