struts-user mailing list archives

From ROSSEL Olivier <olivier.ros...@airbus.com>
Subject Chaining forms in tiles.
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 12:21:04 GMT
I have a tile, with the login form at the upper right part of the tile.
My login form is made of 2 JSP: username.jsp and password.jsp.

My tile is managed by Main.jsp.

My mappings are:
<action path="/Username"
        type="net.lolive.action.SuccessAction"
        name="LoginForm2"
        scope="session"
        validate="true"
        input="/login/Username.jsp">
 <forward name="success" path="/Password.do"/>
</action>

<action path="/Password"
        type="net.lolive.action.SuccessAction"
        name="LoginForm2"
        scope="session"
        validate="true"
        input="/login/Password.jsp">
 <forward name="success" path="/DoLogin.do"/>
</action>

<action path="/DoLogin"
        type="net.lolive.action.LoginAction"
        name="LoginForm2"
        scope="session">
 <forward name="success" path="/Logged.do"/>
 <forward name="failure" path="/DoLogout.do" />
</action>

<action path="/DoLogout"
        type="net.lolive.action.LogoutAction"
        name="LoginForm2"
        scope="session">
 <forward name="success" path="/LoginManager.do"/>
</action>

<action path="/Logged"
        type="net.lolive.action.SuccessAction">
 <forward name="success" path="/login/Logged.jsp"/>
</action>

Username.jsp has a form which action is /Username.
Password.jsp has a form which action is /Password.

Validation for path /Username is simply a test of "required".
Validation for path /Password is simply a test of "required".

SuccessAction is just an action which always send "success"
(don't ask why, it just works better with tiles that ForwardAction).

I have one problem: this pattern works fine when used outside of a tile.
Inside a tile, it does not work properly. As soon as you submit the username
correctly, you are sent to Password.do, validation fails and you are
sent to Password.jsp.
Wow, I would have liked it to be Main.jsp, with Password.jsp in the upper
right corner.

It seems that Struts validation and tiles simply cannot co-exist
pacifically.
Or I missed something.

Any help (or example ) is welcome.

PS: i already made the "chaining forms in tiles" work, i
was making the validation inside my own actions. It is efficient,
not flexible and very verbose (a lot of Java, a lot of forwards).

---cut here---

This e-mail is intended only for the above addressee. It may contain
privileged information. If you are not the addressee you must not copy,
distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it. If you have
received it in error please delete it and immediately notify the sender.
Security Notice: all e-mail, sent to or from this address, may be
accessed by someone other than the recipient, for system management and
security reasons. This access is controlled under Regulation of
Investigatory Powers Act 2000, Lawful Business Practises.