struts-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: Properties
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 17:33:56 GMT
Eric wrote:
> When i put the text in red, the code can run. otherwise, an error page
appears.
> What's the purpose of the application param?
>     <init-param>
>      <param-name>application</param-name>
>     <param-value>ApplicationResources</param-value>
>    </init-param>

(I don't see anything in red... use plain text because not everyone will
read email if it's marked up.)

This looks like it's the location of the properties file Struts will use.
Based on the above tags, you should have a file named 'ApplicationResources.
properties' in the .../WEB-INF/classes directory of your webapp.

Are you using Struts 1.0?  I looked in my struts-config.xml files, and with
a recent nightly build of 1.1, I have this:

<!-- ========== Message Resources Definitions ===========================
-->
  <!-- This is the location of the ApplicationResources.properties file -->
  <message-resources parameter="edu.asu.vpia.struts.ApplicationResources"
null="false" />

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.