struts-user mailing list archives

From Rob Leland <rlel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Struts design: All actions in one ActionClass
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 21:16:31 GMT
David Graham wrote:

> Definitely b.  It will be far easier to maintain.  If you're worried
> about having a lot of actions you can look at DispatchAction or using
> DynaBeans.

I'll second that. For a project we started back in Feb 2001, I used
small Action classes. I went away on
my Honeymoon in May and came back 3 weeks later and moved on to another
project.
One of the developers that took over the project merged a number of  the
actions
edit, delete, create, list into one big ugly mess. New developers that
same along used that same
pattern when adding new Actions, ugh ! Now 18 months later we have 5+
projects
using the same set of core Action classes and there is alot of
complaints about how hard it
to maintain ! We are now moveing to break up those action classes. Some
people just have to
learn the hard way , and very expensive too I might add

-Rob