struts-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Bush <ekb...@swbell.net>
Subject Re: I18N Issues and Best Practices
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 00:46:05 GMT
Karr, David wrote:

>Note that rtexprvalues have to be the ENTIRE attribute value,

Man ... I always forget that until I fudge up and have to go back ...

>not just a
>portion, so your examples like "header-<%=countryCode%>" can't work like
>that.  If you still wanted to use rtexprvalues, you'd have to use
>something like '<% "header-" + countryCode %>'.

... he means <%= "header=" + countryCode %> :-)

>A cleaner solution is probably to use the JSTL and Struts-EL.
>Referencing bean values in the EL is much easier than referencing
>rtexprvalues.  For some simple examples in your case:

>Struts-EL is normally in the Struts nightly build, but the last few days
>we've had an unknown problem that is preventing it from going into the
>distribution.

I had to change some things in the struts-el build file to get it to
build, but, even after I got that going, it still didn't place a copy of
struts-el.jar into ${struts.home}/target/library.  Was that the intent?

--
Eddie Bush