struts-user mailing list archives

From "V. Cekvenich" ...@basebeans.com>
Subject Re: OptionsCollection
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 12:23:31 GMT
Confused as to what your confusion is.

Are you confused that you see one thing and display another (which I get
a lot from my students?).

There are 2 things going on, a client/browser side join not a db/server
side join.
Example, you have a formBean with dept "101" a numeric field. You unit
test this and CRUD. This is your Form Bean!!
Once you get that, then:
Now you want to display "Marketing" as a drop down instead of 101. So
101-Marketing, 102-Sales, etc. You care a collection, yet another thing
you put in scope.
The client side, using select and optionCollection tag displays current
dept., and a choice of other depts.
So a user sees "Marketing" drop down, which comes from the name part of
collection. But the current value is in the formbean.

.V