struts-user mailing list archives

From Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jgonza...@hydriads.com>
Subject Multiple message resources
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 14:15:50 GMT

    Hi all,

    From the struts-config DTD it seems you can include several message
resources in a module. Anyway, it seems Struts always try to get
messages from only one bundle, the one stored under
Globals.MESSAGE_KEY/module, unless you specify another key, for example,
in the bundle paramenter of the bean:message tag.

    I'm developing an application splitted in several modules for ease
of maintenance, and have found that I need some common messages for the
entire aplpication (the default error messages for the validator
plugin). I thought that including in each module the bundle for the
module and the bundle with the common messages would do the work, but it
didn't.

    The question is... do I have to include this common messages in
every bundle of every module? I'm using the html:javascript tag, and
this tag doesn't let you specify the bundle... Would it be difficult for
Struts to search in every declared message resources in struts-config
when searching for a message? I understand this is not the current
behaviour; currently Struts only searches in one of the bundles
specified, am I wrong?

    Jose