struts-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Bush <ekb...@swbell.net>
Subject Re: Java Server Faces
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 07:11:01 GMT
Andrew Hill wrote:

>Afaik, its still just in "early release" so its not quite done yet. I think
>sun usually does a 'reference implementation' of much of the stuff they spec
>out but leave it to others to do  , hmmm... whats a good word?
>"better","richer"? implementations.

No, no - you wanted to say "robust" and "open source" ;-)  HEH

>Struts doesnt currently support JSF but I gather from comments Craig made
>that there is stuff going on at the moment towards integrating a future
>version of struts with JSF.

Yes - haven't heard an update for some time now, but Craig has been
working on (among the other 10^1000000 things he does) a struts-faces
servlet that would mesh Struts and JSF in a very nice way.  Seeing as
how Craig is the lead dog on the JSF project, I'd wager JSF and Struts
will mesh nicely once JSF is done.  When?  Well ... not today :-( but it
will happen.

--
Eddie Bush