struts-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Bush <ekb...@swbell.net>
Subject Re: Access external file from web application
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2002 10:30:09 GMT
So, basically what you're looking for is some way to dynamically set the
directory that the files are stored in?  You could do that easily with a
property file.  Your end user would set the appropriate property in some
properties file that is in the classpath of the application server and
then ... you just load that up and use that as your "base path".  You
could do the same thing by using init param elements for the action
servlet -- or context parameters.  Using the property file approach
removes the need for your end user to have the ability to modify the
server config file(s).

Amit Badheka wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Is there any way to access a file(image,..etc) from the web application. the path of the
image is dynamically generated.

>The requirement is that we have to upload a image file and store it to somewhere on server
at dynamically generated path. Now, Problem is how I should refer this file from the application,
As the application don't know the path at the time of implementation(application).

--
Eddie Bush