struts-user mailing list archives

From dumps <du...@gmx.net>
Subject Problem with Struts Template and proxy caching
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 16:26:38 GMT
Hi everyone,

we are facing a problem with Struts templates (Struts 1.02) and proxy
caching :

The response headers we are setting in jsp files are not being sent back to
the browser whenever a template:insert tag is used :

   <template:insert template='Template.jsp'>
     <template:put name='navigation' content='/navigation.jsp'/>
     <template:put name='header'     content='/blankHeader.jsp'/>
     <template:put name='content'    content='/mainMenuContent.jsp'/>
   </template:insert>

 <%
    response.addHeader("Cache-Control","no-cache");
    response.addHeader("Pragma","no-cache");
    response.setDateHeader ("Expires", 0);
    response.setHeader("Hello", "hello123");
 %>

If we remove the template tags, everything's ok with the headers... (we are
checking the http headers using a local proxy server). We also tried to set
nocache to
'true' in web.xml and/or add the response headers inside the Template.jsp
file,
but neither solved the problem. That's why we assume the templating
mechanism is messing with the headers.

Thanks for your time,
Christof