struts-user mailing list archives

From Richard Yee <r...@cruzio.com>
Subject Re: Tag for displaying images pre-loaded in Javabeans as byte[].
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2002 18:01:22 GMT
Frederic,
If I understand you correctly, I do not think that you can do what you are
asking. An HTML img tag has a src attribute that needs to refer to a
resource on the web somewhere. There is no way to physically embed binary
data into an html page. Instead, you should have the src attribute of your
tag refer to a servlet that can return the image directly from the database
or possibly from your JavaBean. You would need to use a query string to
identify the particular image you want to display.

Regards,

Richard