struts-user mailing list archives

From micael <caraun...@harbornet.com>
Subject Re: Access/manage local file system
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 19:54:46 GMT
The answer is definitely yes if you mean files on the server.  If you mean
files on the client, the answer is still yes.  You just build a little
server on the client for the browser and use localhost or your localhosts
ip address.  So, either way, the answer is yes.

At 10:51 AM 12/5/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>By 'local' do you mean the client's machine?
>
>If so any restictions are the bane of the webbrowser, personally i hope my
>browser wouldn't permit such action. Can't you mess with stuff on the server
>and then offer a download of the results?
>
>The actual controling of files on the client machine would have little to do
>with the jsp, you'd be looking at technologies supported by the browser
>(plugin or otherwise)...
>
>Hopefully i haven't misunderstood your question..
>
>Thanks mark
>
>On 5-12-2002 9:56, "Heligon Sandra" <sandra.heligon@nextream.fr> wrote:
>

> > Sorry,
> >
> > To post a similar message to my first mail but I have to give a
> > response this week,
> > and I don't have any solution to my problem.
> > I would like to know if it possible through a web browser to
> > access/manage local file systems
> > (create a file, display content of directories...). I need to store
> > data in a file, each file is specific to each client
> > and I thing that these files don't have to be sent to the server.
> > I would like to know if Struts(view components) offer solution for
> > this function ?
> > If not I would like to know where I could find more information
> > about this point and JSP
> > pages that allow to manage file system (files, directories...).
> >
> > I hope that someone could help me.
> > Thanks a lot in advance.
> >
> > --
> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> >

>--

Micael

have received this transmission in error, please delete the message.  Thank you