struts-user mailing list archives

From Micael <caraun...@harbornet.com>
Subject Re: [OT] HAPPY HOLIDAYS, EVERYONE
Date Tue, 24 Dec 2002 18:24:18 GMT
To everyone:

I am not of the Christian faith, so I do not join in the "Christ" in
"Christmas," but do have my own faith which also celebrates this time of
year, and I wish you all the best of Holidays.  Jerusalem turned out to be
the hub of many major world religions, and so did this time of
year.  Following Thanksgiving and the season of gratitude, this time of
year is especially good to take stock, and then to start the New Year with
new growth and new hope.

I don't know if you have heard this before, but I like the explanation of
what the "eye of the needle" was when Jesus made the comparison between a
camel going through the eye of the needle and a rich man going to
heaven.  The gates of towns in those regions and East were open in the day
and closed at night.  In the gate itself was another thin and short gate,
which was called "the eye of the needle".  For a camel to get through the
smaller gate, the camel had to disgorge its baggage, load, etc. and then to
get on its knees.  Thus, the whole point is not that redemption is
impossible, but that redemption is impossible without humility.  I think
that will be my goal this year: to become truly humble, which I am, whether
I realize it or not.

Cheers,

Micael

At 01:21 PM 12/24/02 +0100, you wrote: