struts-user mailing list archives

From "Beeson, Ashley" <Beeso...@logica.com>
Subject RE: [newbie]html:form does not generates proper html
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 12:00:43 GMT
your action= paths should be specified WITHOUT the .action, this is added
automatically by struts when the JSP is compiled.

Your actions should be working with your forms pointing to /save, just
remember that it is case sensitive..

-----Original Message-----
From: Nandkumar Jawale [mailto:nandkv@mahindrabt.com]
Sent: 05 December 2002 11:54
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [newbie]html:form does not generates proper html

Hi,

Here are contents of my structs-config.xml:

<form-bean name="settingsForm"
           type="ahf.model.SettingsForm"/>
<action path     ="/edit"
        type     ="EditAction"
        name     ="settingsForm"
        input    ="/settings.jsp"
        validate ="false">
</action>
<action path     ="/save"
        type     ="SaveAction"
        name     ="settingsForm"
        input    ="/settings.jsp">
</action>

"*.action" is mapped to ActionServlet. Tried changing from
"/save.action" to "/save" in JSP but no use.

Thanks,
Nandu

Mark wrote:

> Your form action should be firing up your action defined in your
> struts-config.xml.
>
> I think stuts-config.xml is what you have to look at..
>
> Cheers mark
>
> On 5-12-2002 12:23, "Nandkumar Jawale" <nandkv@mahindrabt.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am new to struts. Currently I am using struts 1.0.2. I am showing some
> > settings for which I have a settings form to store the values and two
> > actions. One to "edit" and one to "save". My JSP contains:
> >
> > I find the html does not contain the action that I specified. What I get
> > in html is:
> > <form name="settingsForm" method="POST" action="">
> >
> > Am I doing something wrong? Can't find any doc/link that addresses this
> > problem. Please help!
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Nandkumar Jawale

> > Disclaimer
> >
> > This message (including any attachments) contains
> > confidential information intended for a specific
> > individual and purpose, and is protected by law.
> > If you are not the intended recipient, you should
> > any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this
> > message, or the taking of any action based on it,
> > is strictly prohibited.

> > For additional commands, e-mail:

> For additional commands, e-mail:

Disclaimer

is strictly prohibited.

For additional commands, e-mail:

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.  It
 It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are
not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all
copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.