struts-user mailing list archives

From "Beeson, Ashley" <Beeso...@logica.com>
Subject RE: Iterate Tag Implementation
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2002 11:01:07 GMT
This will create something like

<script>
arrayVar[0]=0;
</script>
<script>
arrayVar[1]=1;
</script>
<script>
arrayVar[2]=2;
</script>
<script>
arrayVar[3]=3;
</script>

What you probably want is this:

<script>
<logic:iterate name="myProperty" id="id1" indexId="x"
type="java.lang.String[]">
arrayVar[<bean:write name="x" />]=<bean:write name="id1" />
</logic:iterate>
</script>

which will produce

<script>
arrayVar[0]=0;
arrayVar[1]=1;
arrayVar[2]=2;
arrayVar[3]=3;
arrayVar[4]=4;
arrayVar[5]=5;
</script>

---
You want some sample code, alright here you go:

<logic:iterate name="myProperty" id="id1" indexId="x"
type="java.lang.String[]">
<script>
arrayVar[<bean:write name="x" />]=<bean:write name="id1" />
</script>
</logic:iterate>
Regards
Puneet

>I have a form "myForm" with a property "myProperty" that is a
>String array.  I want to set a javascript array to the contents
>of a myProperty.  I think I need to use an iterate tag in
>combination with the <bean:write/> tag but I cannot figure out
> from the javadocs how to do this.
>
>Can anyone post some sample code?
>
>Thanks

For additional commands, e-mail:

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.  It
 It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are
not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all
copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.