struts-user mailing list archives

From Alireza Fattahi <Alireza.Fatt...@pdpsoft.com>
Subject RE: Simple Custom Validation Example Request
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:32:37 GMT
Here is sample.

Hope it helps. One question are default validations like required working?
If not check your struts_config.xml.

Validation_rule.xml:

<validator name="preciseEmail"
  classname="com.sgccir.struts.validations.EmailValidator"
  method="isEmail"
  methodParams="java.lang.Object,
    org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
    org.apache.commons.validator.Field,
    org.apache.struts.action.ActionErrors,
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest"
  msg="errors.email" />

validation.xml
  <form name="CommentVwcredForm">
    <field property="email" depends="preciseEmail">
      <arg0 key="label.email" />
      <var>
        <var-name>mask</var-name>
        <var-value>^[a-zA-Z]*$</var-value>
      </var>
    </field>
  </form>

public static boolean isEmail( java.lang.Object bean,

org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction va,
                                 org.apache.commons.validator.Field field,
                                 org.apache.struts.action.ActionErrors
errors,
                                 javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest
request ) {