struts-user mailing list archives

From phil_hershkow...@agilent.com
Subject RE: tomcat can't find action class
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 00:08:58 GMT
Hi,

Could it be the case of your logoffs?

Try making the case of the forward name the same as the path name.

path="/Logoff.do"

It seems like it is looking for "Logoff:"
 Processing a 'GET' for path '/Logoff'

But your snippet shows "logoff"

What does the generated HTML show?

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan Pitts [mailto:jpitts@tahc.state.tx.us]
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2002 3:45 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Cc: jpitts@tahc.state.tx.us
Subject: tomcat can't find action class

Hi all,

OK I've got Struts In Action and I'm ready for action!  Unfortunately, my web
app isn't.  For some reason, my action class cannot be found...?  I will give
the details below. I would really appreciate any advice you guys may have.

Here's the deal:

All I am trying to do is get Tomcat and Struts to play nice.  I am using
container managed security with a jdbcRealm (no problem logging on).  I want
to create a simple "Logoff" action from within struts.  I am using the
1.1b_blank_application provided by struts and modifying it, but keep getting
this error (from catalina.out):

INFO: Processing a 'GET' for path '/Logoff'
Dec 16, 2002 5:20:10 PM org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor
processActionCreate
SEVERE: No action instance for path /Logoff could be created
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: tahc.hris.action.LogoffAction
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1428)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1274)
        at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.applicationClass(RequestUtils.java:193)........

struts-config.xml clip:
<action path="/Logoff"
        type="tahc.hris.action.LogoffAction">
      <forward
            name="success"
            path="/pages/Welcome.jsp" />
</action>

I have an action forward that looks like this:
<forward name="logoff"  path="/Logoff.do" />

My LogoffAction class compiles fine.  Here's how I refer to the LogoffAction
from a jsp page:

Please send advice! Thanks in advance,
--Nathan Pitts