struts-user mailing list archives

From Kornelis Sietsma <ko...@sietsma.com>
Subject Re: Struts-config.xml
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 01:14:25 GMT
On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 19:04:33 +0800, Andrew Hill wrote:

>1.1 is officially still in beta (b2 with b3 any time soon) at the moment,
>but if thats not a 'political' problem it has far more functionality , and
>in my opinion is stabler (I could be wrong) than the ancient 1.0.2

Mind you, for pretty well any commercial project I have worked on, it is almost
certain that you won't be able to use a beta version of a product.

Sure, the beta may be more stable than the official release - but you can't guarantee
that it will be static - there is no way to be sure that you won't have to change
your code to cope with changes in later beta versions.  The official release should
only change if there are bug-fixes, and even then the public interfaces shouldn't
change.

- Korny, who'd really like to be using 1.1  :)

p.s. Hi to the list!
--
Kornelis Sietsma   http://www.sietsma.com/korny  korny@sietsma.com