struts-user mailing list archives

From John.E.Gr...@mortgage.wellsFargo.COM
Subject resolving message resources
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 23:30:42 GMT
Hi all,

This is more of a note for posterity than anything else.  Being a newby to
Struts, I was frustrated for a while by this message: "Cannot find message
resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE."  I found just enough
in the archives and docs to know what it was but couldn't understand why I
was getting it.  In my particular case, I was accessing a jsp that used the
struts-bean taglib before the ActionServlet had been initialized.  My
resource bundle hadn't been read at that point, hence the error message.
Adding the good ole "load-at-startup" option to web.xml solved the problem.

Consider this a bug if you want, or just be aware of it as a potential
pitfall.

thanks for listening

john gregg
Wells Fargo Service Corporation