struts-user mailing list archives

From "Alvarado, Juan (c)" <Juan_Alvar...@NielsenMedia.com>
Subject RE: How does LookupDispatchAction lookup.
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 15:56:52 GMT
I have had the same issues you are having, and I just went with
LookupDispatchAction. I'm not 100% sure if the way I do my apps is the 100%
correct way, but what I do is for any button that has white space as its
value, I store a key in my ApplicationResources.properties and use that key
in conjunction with LookupDispatchAction.

I like the LookupDispatchAction because I avoid having to use javascript on
my client.

-----Original Message-----
From: ROSSEL Olivier [mailto:olivier.rossel@airbus.com]
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 10:45 AM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: How does LookupDispatchAction lookup.

> I think you are missing the point of what
> LookupDispatchAction is about.
> It solves a specific problem with i18n'd button labels.
>
> It sounds like you might be more interested in DispatchAction.

Ted says that JavaScript is needed  with Dispatch Action.
My problem with DispatchAction is that the name of the
java method IS the value of a request parameter.
At the moment, the only parameter I can use is the one
of the submit button clicked by the user. And the value
of that submit contains whitespaces.

So is there a solution?
Am i stuck with LookupDispatchAction and .properties ?

This e-mail is intended only for the above addressee. It may contain
privileged information. If you are not the addressee you must not copy,
distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it. If you have
received it in error please delete it and immediately notify the sender.
Security Notice: all e-mail, sent to or from this address, may be
accessed by someone other than the recipient, for system management and
security reasons. This access is controlled under Regulation of
Investigatory Powers Act 2000, Lawful Business Practises.

For additional commands, e-mail: