struts-user mailing list archives

From "Alvarado, Juan (c)" <Juan_Alvar...@NielsenMedia.com>
Subject RE: Can you change the form action??
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 16:15:09 GMT
You are a perfect candidate for either DispatchAction or
LookupDispatchAction. LookupDispatchAction will allow you to avoid
javascript.

I suggest you take a look at Ted's site http://husted.com (I think) and
review his tips on the two actions mentioned above.

This post will also help you:

http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg51209.html

-----Original Message-----
From: awc [mailto:awc@drytel.net]
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 11:15 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Can you change the form action??

Hi All,

Can you change the value of <form action="foo"> by inspecting a incoming
variable??

I have a four action classes : AddAction, DeleteAction, UpdateAction and
LoadAction and one form => The userForm.

If incoming parameter action=New, I want to change the form action to
<form action="/usr/AddUser.do">.

If incoming parameter action=Update, I want to change the form action to
<form action="/usr/UpdateUser.do">.

Is there anyway to do this without using JavaScript??  This way I will
have four action classes and one form for each business objects.

Thanks in advance for any hints.

Anil

For additional commands, e-mail: