struts-user mailing list archives

From "Shashikiran M" <shashikira...@mphasis.com>
Subject On-The-Fly HTML to PDF Conversion
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 06:15:54 GMT
Dear All,

Has anybody worked on "on-the-fly" conversion of HTML output to PDFs?

The following are the requirements:
1. The site should provide "View as PDF" link on a particular page. The page is not a static
HTML page. It is a JSP.
2. Clicking on "View as PDF" link will open the page that is currently displayed, in the PDF
format.
3. Conversion needs to be done on-the-fly.
4. Environment: Solaris - WebSphere 4.0.2.

I'm using the Struts Framework. I would also want to know if there is any easier methods for
conversion other than using FOP (an Apache XML project) and Cocoon.

Help in terms of pointers are also welcome.

Thanks and Regards,
Shashi Kiran