struts-user mailing list archives

From Aadithya Deshpande <a...@clubmom-inc.com>
Subject RE: form-bean and set-property tags
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 18:52:27 GMT
Shouldn't there be a difference between set-property and form-property,
however?

Most other places that allow a set-property work as expected.  It seems that
it's not doing it for form-beans.

I was hoping to use <set-property> to configure the (customizable) form.
I don't necessarily want that information stored in the internal map.

Prior to subclassing it as a DynaActionForm, I used ActionForm and still the
property was not being set.
I'm under the impression that <set-property> doesn't actually call the
appropriate accessor methods as  I expected.

-a

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Ashworth [mailto:justin-struts@ashworth.org]
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 1:45 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: form-bean and set-property tags

The beauty of DynaActionForms is that you don't need getters and setters for
every property and, in fact, if you do have getters and setters for any
property they won't be called...which is what you are seeing.  Read the
information at the following site and it should all be clear:

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/pub/a/2002/11/06/struts1.html?page=2

HTH,

Justin