struts-user mailing list archives

From "Bhamani, Nizar A TL56E" <Nizar.Bham...@ace-ina.com>
Subject RE: Dynamic list validations
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 14:23:18 GMT
Thanks, will try this out.

Nizar Bhamani

-----Original Message-----
From: James Turner [mailto:turner@blackbear.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 1:55 AM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: Dynamic list validations

If you use the field-indexed parameter of required-if, the
dependent-field will get the same index as the dependee field, for
example:

    <field property="firstName" indexedListProperty="dependents"
depends="requiredif">
      <arg0 key="dependentlistForm.firstName.label"/>
      <var>
        <var-name>field[0]</var-name>
        <var-value>lastName</var-value>
      </var>
       <var>
        <var-name>field-indexed[0]</var-name>
        <var-value>true</var-value>
      </var>
      <var>
        <var-name>field-test[0]</var-name>
        <var-value>NOTNULL</var-value>
      </var>
     </field>

This says:  The firstName field is required if the lastName field is not
null, for each indexed value of dependents.  So if
dependents[3].firstName is being checked, it will be checked against
dependents[3].lastName

James

For additional commands, e-mail: