struts-user mailing list archives

From Mark <markl...@libero.it>
Subject FW: dataSources outside of actionservlet
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 14:03:45 GMT
I'm really sorry to post this mail again,, but is there something i'm not
understanding ? Or does everyone do all their queries in action servlets?

I can see how what i'm trying could be wrong in that, if i want to reuse my
non servlet classes using the datasource in config.xml might render this
webappliction-specific.

But then again it is also true that using the settings in the config file
has a certain appeal especially if one is looking at supporting more than
one db vendor.

I understand that perhaps i need to have a pool of connections, but i want
to leave this stuff as an optimisation rather than a means of getting to the
settings in config.xml.

-- here's my original message--
hello

you'll all have to forgive my stupidity but i've been having real problems
trying to reference the datasource specified in config.xml in my business
logic classes.

I've been very good and seperated everything as one should. but i really
need a straight answer to this (i.e. an example that works).

"For maximum code re-use, business logic beans should be designed and
implemented so that they do not know they are being executed in a web
application environment"

now i've only seen examples referencing the datasource inside an action
servlet, this appears to go against the design pattern. So how do i do this?
have i neglected to find the correct example? why are all the examples of
how to reference the datasource breaking the aforementioned priciple? please
i'm very confused ..
--

many thanks in advance

mark

Many thanks in advance

mark

Sorry to repost this question, but the more i think about it the more i
think it a reasonable one (please tell me if i'm wrong).

[...]

For additional commands, e-mail:

------ End of Forwarded Message