struts-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mark <markl...@libero.it>
Subject Re: FormBean exception lies : solved
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 22:47:12 GMT
Dooh!!!

I had "." in my actions in it don't dig..

I found what the problem was. I did have this working before with the "."
but never mind.. Moral of the story don't do /something.something.do



On 17-12-2002 22:44, "Mark" <marklowe@libero.it> wrote:

> Anyone ever had any problems with a FormBean's reporting null, but perhaps
> other foul play is afoot?
> 
> 
> 
> Apache Tomcat/4.0.6 - HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> type Exception report
> 
> message Internal Server Error
> 
> description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error)
> that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
> 
> exception 
> 
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot retrieve definition for form bean
> null
>   at 
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImp
> l.java:471)
>   at org.apache.jsp.groups$jsp._jspService(groups$jsp.java:271)
>   at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107)
>   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>   at 
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
> va:201)
>   at 
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:381)
>   at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:473)
>   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.
> java:683)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatch
> er.java:431)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher
> .java:355)
>   at 
> org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.java:10
> 14)
>   at 
> org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.internalModuleRelativeForward(Requ
> estProcessor.java:961)
>   at 
> org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForward(RequestProcessor.ja
> va:544)
>   at 
> org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:252)
>   at 
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1292)
>   at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:492)
>   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
>   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Application
> FilterChain.java:247)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterCh
> ain.java:193)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.ja
> va:243)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> 66)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)
>   at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.ja
> va:190)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> 66)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.java:2
> 46)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> 64)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)
>   at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2347)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180
> )
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> 66)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.
> java:170)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> 64)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170
> )
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> 64)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> 64)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)
>   at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java
> :174)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> 66)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)
>   at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.java:
> 1027)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1125
> )
>   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:491)
> 
> 
> root cause 
> 
> javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot retrieve definition for form bean
> null
>   at org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.lookup(FormTag.java:897)
>   at org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.doStartTag(FormTag.java:543)
>   at org.apache.jsp.groups$jsp._jspService(groups$jsp.java:94)
>   at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107)
>   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>   at 
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
> va:201)
>   at 
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:381)
>   at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:473)
>   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.
> java:683)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatch
> er.java:431)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher
> .java:355)
>   at 
> org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.java:10
> 14)
>   at 
> org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.internalModuleRelativeForward(Requ
> estProcessor.java:961)
>   at 
> org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForward(RequestProcessor.ja
> va:544)
>   at 
> org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:252)
>   at 
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1292)
>   at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:492)
>   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
>   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Application
> FilterChain.java:247)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterCh
> ain.java:193)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.ja
> va:243)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> 66)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)
>   at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.ja
> va:190)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> 66)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.java:2
> 46)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> 64)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)
>   at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2347)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180
> )
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> 66)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.
> java:170)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> 64)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170
> )
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> 64)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> 64)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)
>   at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java
> :174)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> 66)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)
>   at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.java:
> 1027)
>   at 
> org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1125
> )
>   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:491)
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> 
> --
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:struts-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
> For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:struts-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
> 
> 


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:struts-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:struts-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message