struts-user mailing list archives

From Mark <markl...@libero.it>
Subject Re: cannot find bean error
Date Sun, 22 Dec 2002 15:26:08 GMT
I've had more luck with the trust old useBean tag as well.. But if is in
your session or request you don't need to worry about useBEan or bean:define
or whatever...

I'm also having trouble understanding why you want to instantiate a form
bean in your jsp..

If your collection is in the session or request you don't have to GEEK
AROUND in your jsp.. This is after all what we are all trying to achieve
else we'd all be coding perl "right?"..

Anyway.. Only use the useBEan stuff, if the collection isn't in the session
or request or something. If your putting collections in you session and
using useBean's etc then you doing stuff twice and twice and geeky...

ActionClass

Request.setAttibute("mylist",mylist);

And then

Or if you don't want to do that and want to just get a collect from a bean
or something then

<jsp:useBEan class="com.acme.ListStuff" etc

But if jerome is suggesting that you do both, then I want to know who his
crack dealer is, cos I want some of the same....