struts-user mailing list archives

From "Siggelkow, Bill" <bill.siggel...@mirant.com>
Subject RE: Cancel & Submit Buttons
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 19:17:06 GMT
You could do it in your action like;

if (isCancelled(request)) return mapping.findForward("mainMenu");

-----Original Message-----
From: Bradley G Smith [mailto:bgsmith01@fs.fed.us]
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 2:13 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Cancel & Submit Buttons

Can someone please describe how to enable an action to respond to submit
and cancel buttons differently? The action is derived from the
scaffold.BaseAction class. I have submit working to generate a response. I
would like cancel to redirect to the main menu of the application.

I suppose one solution is to use a dispatch action first to chain to either
the "submit" action or the "cancel" action. Is this the best way to do
this? Or am I missing something that BaseAction provides out of the box?

Thanks,

Brad