struts-user mailing list archives

From "Siggelkow, Bill" <bill.siggel...@mirant.com>
Subject RE: Error loading struts-config
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2002 14:18:42 GMT
The error sounds like the servlet cannot even find struts-config.xml.  Check the war to make
sure struts-config is really there and in the WEB-INF folder.  You can open the war with WinZip.
 Also, make sure that the folder WEB-INF is in all caps.

-----Original Message-----
From: Howard Miller [mailto:me@howardmiller.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, December 23, 2002 8:59 AM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Error loading struts-config

Hi,

I am just setting up a new Struts project. I have the Action servlet set
up and a struts-config.xml with almost nothing in it. When the war is
installed the servlet starts and then throws this error...

2002-12-23 13:47:11 StandardContext[/quest]: Servlet /quest threw
load() exception
javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Parsing error processing
resource path /WEB-INF/struts-config.xml
	at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initApplicationConfig(ActionS
ervlet.java:866)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:455)
...lots more....

I have no idea what's gone wrong. I seem to get the error regardless
of what's in the struts-config file or even if I remove it alltogether.

As the error message appears to be no help... has anybody got any
pointers as to what might be causing this?

I am running on Windows XP. All the example apps work fine.

Many Thanks