struts-user mailing list archives

From "Sri Sankaran" <Sri.Sanka...@sas.com>
Subject RE: Submitting to the same JSP
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 14:23:27 GMT
Can you please elaborate?  Are you saying that the following works

 JSP-1 -> Action-1 -> JSP-2

but

 JSP-1 -> Action-1 -> JSP-1

doesn't.  Make sure that you are referring to the bean with the same id under which you have
saved it (to request/session).  Can you post the relevant JSP (both JSP-1 and JSP-2), the
action class (how the bean being persisted, how the user is forwarded/re-directed to next
view) and the struts-config (the action mapping).

Please post only  the relevant portions.

Sri

-----Original Message-----
From: Harshal D [mailto:emailtoharshal@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 11:07 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Submitting to the same JSP

In my app when I create a bean in action class and display it in the next JSP (forwarded)
it works.

But if I try to display in the same JSP (at the bottom of original form) - it does not work,

I am using <logic:present> tags to make sure bean is created (submit has happened) before
displaying its properties. But that part never gets displayed.

Any thoughts ?

- Harshal.