struts-user mailing list archives

From "Sri Sankaran" <Sri.Sanka...@sas.com>
Subject RE: html:errors & ActionErrors.GLOBAL_ERROR
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:47:22 GMT
Are you invoking saveErrors() in the action that generates the ActionErrors?

Sri

-----Original Message-----
From: Vijay Balakrishnan [mailto:Vijay.Balakrishnan@MyHealthBank.com]
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2002 4:48 PM
To: 'struts-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: html:errors & ActionErrors.GLOBAL_ERROR

Hi,

I am doing the following in the first Action:
               errors.add(ActionErrors.GLOBAL_ERROR,new
ActionError("individual.backbutton.error"));
               return forward;

I am forwarding to another Action which in turn forwards to another Action.This last Action
then forwards to a jsp page.I am displaying a <html:errors /> in the final jsp page
and want to display the error message set in the first action.

Right now,the jsp page doesn't show the error message.How can i get the message displayed
?

Thanx,
Vijay