struts-user mailing list archives

From "Sri Sankaran" <Sri.Sanka...@sas.com>
Subject [I18N]Build messages from multiple keys
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 20:06:57 GMT
Using: Struts 1.0.2

I would like to display a message which requires text from two different keys.  Is this possible?

For example, consider the following

label.foo=You must first make a selection.  When done select the {0} button
button.next=Next >

I would like the application to display the message

  You must first make a select.  When done select the Next > button

If I were using Struts 1.1.x I could do the following

<bean:define id="next">
  <bean:message key="button.next"/>
</bean:define>
<bean:message key="label.foo" arg0="<%=next%>"/>

However, <bean:define> in Struts 1.0.2 doesn't support body content.

Is there any alternative you can suggest?

Sri