struts-user mailing list archives

From Rémy Giard <rgi...@cogiscan.com>
Subject How to split a tiles section using another definition ??
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 19:57:47 GMT
Hi,

I am using a layout.jsp page that use the tiles to fill the body section of
the page.  I want to create a tile definition that could split the body in
two sections (top and bottom).  I thought about creating a definition that
could have another definition as body value and then use that new definition
to have a top and bottom section.  But what should i set as "path" for this
new definition ??

I also thought about using the following way :

<definition name="splitDef" path="/web/layout.jsp">
	<put name="body" value="split.jsp" />
	<put name="top" value="" />
	<put name="bottom" value="" />
</definition>

<definition name="manageItemTypeDef" extends="splitDef">
	<put name="top" value="itemTypesList.jsp" />
	<put name="bottom" value="itemsList.jsp" />
</definition>

... but i get an error : "Error - Tag Insert : No value found for attribute
'top'.'".  The split.jps file juste insert tiles top and bottom.  Do you
have any idea of what i should do to get it working ??

Rémy Giard
Cogiscan Inc.
50, rue de Gaspé, Bloc A5
Bromont, Québec, Canada