struts-user mailing list archives

From "VEDRE, RANAPRATAP REDDY" <VE...@engr.sc.edu>
Subject RE: OptionsCollection
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 10:44:08 GMT
You can either use attribute collection="users" for options tag if you store
in request
or you can use               name="formName" property="myList"   if you have
a getMyList() method for the form(You have to fill call formName.setMyList()
in your action class before forwarding to a jsp).

checkout http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/struts-html.html#options
if you have not looked at the documentation.

-rana.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark [mailto:marklowe@libero.it]
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 5:36 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: OptionsCollection

Hello

I've a number of collections already defined that end up being passed to my
jsp's via the request object.

Users in this case is a map defined in my business logic class that does db
queries.

users = (ListUsers).getUsers();

request.setAttribute("users",users);

I itertate through this collection using iterate. But now i want to use this
in a select menu.

Should I be thinking about making my collection available to my FormBean i.e
making a getMyList() method.

Thanks in advance

mark