struts-user mailing list archives

From "VEDRE, RANAPRATAP REDDY" <VE...@engr.sc.edu>
Subject RE: 2 submit buttons with different action
Date Tue, 24 Dec 2002 23:22:29 GMT
you can configure your action mapping with validation="false" and do the
validation in ur action class by calling the validation
method of your form(DynaValidatorForm).

struts does not call the validation method, as validation="false"
you can check in ur action class which button was pressed and call the
validate method only when submit is pressed.
you still dont have to write ur validate method as long as u have the form
in the validation.xml.

to check which button was pressed you can use the following in ur jsp

	Submit
	Back

and in ur action class

  String buttonPressed = form.getAction();
  if(buttonPressed.equals("Submit"))
    form.validate(request.errors);

  if(!errors.empty)
   {
	return mapping.getInputForward();
   }

 note that action should be a property in ur form. as u are using
dynavalidator form it should be present in ur form declaration in ur
struts-config.xml

-rana