struts-user mailing list archives

From "edgar" <ed...@blue-moose.net>
Subject RE: Where to fill default values of a form in ActionForm ?
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2002 11:15:49 GMT
You need a default action which fills in the default values.

The sequence I use is

	Lookup to existing records / Add new (fill defaults)
	Various form navigation / calculation actions
	Save

Additionally, in the validation action I test for the save prior testing
form valid fields to minimize error messages.

Edgar

-----Original Message-----
From: Zsolt Koppany [mailto:zkoppany@web.de]
Sent: Sunday, December 01, 2002 5:12 AM
To: 'struts-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Where to fill default values of a form in ActionForm ?

Hi,

right now I use the reset method to fill the form with some default
values but
I see in my logs that reset is called when I click on the cancel button.

Because I fill default values from a database I don't want to execute
this
query when the form is being cancelled.

What is the best way to fill default values of a form?

Zsolt