struts-user mailing list archives

From "Adolfo Miguelez" <pell...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Java Server Faces stage?
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 16:22:47 GMT
I have been looking at glance the JSF Tutorial, at my idea idea, is that
Craig, do the things as they should be done. I mean, I large large thought,
planning, ordering ideas and short implementation. Sounds goods.

Just a set of very well ordered ideas rather that I huge development.
Good!!!!.

However, there is a point where I got worried: it seems (correct me, please,
if I am mistaking) that Craig policy is back in server the components
running in the client. In Struts, ActionForms back the info introduced in
the HTML forms, in JSF, it goes beyond and a whole component behaviour
(events, value, validation) is backed in server, e.g. drown-down lists are
backed by an UISelectOne class.

Despite it seems a priori, at nice approach, it makes me wonder, if would it
not be a strong burden for the server to respond every event in every client
with a new HTML page?

Sorry if this question is stupid in some way since I am still understanding
the JSF philosophy.

Thanks in advance,

Adolfo.