struts-user mailing list archives

From "Pat Quinn" <pat_quinn2...@hotmail.com>
Subject Struts Form Beans & Value Objects
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 18:08:43 GMT
I have an EJB which returns me a HeaderVO (Value Object) inside this VO I
have an Array List of LineVO's. As you'd except all my Value objects are
Serializable. Ok now i want to display this data to my client so I will have
a header html table and a lines html table. My header and lines both contain
text fields to allow for client updates.

Here's where i'm seeking some assistance: should I * Extract the data from
my headerVO and insert it into a FormBean and then store my linesVO data as
a 2Dimensional Array in my form bean.

Is there a better way to do this without writing extra code to deal with
conversion between VO's and a Form Bean i.e. can i store the value objects
instead a form bean but yet allow for user updates to the data.

Your ideas and suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.