struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jyothi Panduranga" <jyothi.pandura...@contractor.openwave.com>
Subject org.apache.jasper.JasperException: No getter method for property appauth.aAuthLevel of bean element
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 20:54:41 GMT
Hi,

  I have been getting this error when I try to access a property.  I have
both getter and setter properties defined in the bean. Both deals with the
variable of same type.  Eg., I have this defined in my bean.

    /**
     * Sets the value of field 'aAuthLevel'.
     *
     * @param aAuthLevel the value of field 'aAuthLevel'.
    **/
    public void setAAuthLevel(java.lang.String aAuthLevel)
    {
        this._aAuthLevel = aAuthLevel;
    }

   /**
     * gets the value of field 'aAuthLevel'.
     *
     *
    **/
    public String getAAuthLevel()
    {
        return this._aAuthLevel;
    }

Here is the part of my JSP sniplet which calls the property

                     <bean:write name="element"
property="appauth.aAuthLevel" />

I get this following error.

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: No getter method for property
appauth.aAuthLevel of bean element

However, If I change the name of the getter and setter properties to
getAuthLevel/setAuthLevel and JSP according do that(appauth.authLevel
instead of appauth.aAuthLevel), then everything works fine.

I want to know if this is a bug in JSP or struts.  I use Tomcat 4.1.12.
Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Jyothi