struts-user mailing list archives

From shirishchandra.sakh...@ubs.com
Subject RE: Design Issue in struts
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 11:10:16 GMT
Hi,
I have implemented pretty much the same functionality in our application.
U can do this using Struts actions.When the user presses a button,call an
action.In the action add an empty row to the form(add a empty object to the
list on form).And then call the same jsp which will just iterate over the list
as earlier.
//Pseudo code
Form MyForm{
List rowList = new ArrayList();
 	public Bean getBean(int index){
	if(rowList.size < index){
		rowList.add(new Bean());
	}
	return rowList.get(index);
	}// getObject
	public void setBean(int index,Bean obj){
		rowList.setObject(index,obj);
	}//setBean
	//getter setter for list
	public List getRowList (){
	}
	public void setRowList (List list){
	}
}//MyForm

//JSP //
<logic:iterate name="myForm" property="rowList" indexId="i">
\"].location\"%>"></td>
</logic:iterate>
So when the action is called, all the data on screen will be preserved as the
screen data gets repopulated in the form automatically.Then u add a new object
and the jsp cretes new table with a empty row.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Shirish