struts-user mailing list archives

From shirishchandra.sakh...@ubs.com
Subject RE: OptionsCollection
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 10:49:36 GMT
Also i dont understand why u need to access the request directly.I mean why are
u setting all the collections as request attributes.GEnerally I think the good
design is when u r FormBEan represents the screen data.So in this case whatever
u need on screen will become attribute of form.
I know it does not make much difference in implemantation but as a design it
becomes pretty straight forward.I mean for an action , if u just look at the
form, u know what is being displayed.So u just populate the form in action.

Any comments... :-))

-----Original Message-----
From: VEDRE [mailto:VEDRE@engr.sc.edu]
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 11:44 AM
To: struts-user
Cc: VEDRE
Subject: RE: OptionsCollection

You can either use attribute collection="users" for options tag if you store
in request
or you can use               name="formName" property="myList"   if you have
a getMyList() method for the form(You have to fill call formName.setMyList()
in your action class before forwarding to a jsp).

checkout http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/struts-html.html#options
if you have not looked at the documentation.

-rana.