struts-user mailing list archives

From shirishchandra.sakh...@ubs.com
Subject RE: Re: OptionsCollection
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 13:35:00 GMT

Regards,
Shirish

-----Original Message-----
From: marklowe [mailto:marklowe@libero.it]
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 12:12 PM
To: struts-user
Cc: marklowe
Subject: Re: OptionsCollection

Okay... But a drop down menu is screen data.

And a list of companies is something that will be used more than once.

So I have a normal class in my model layer

ListCompanies

In my UserAction

(ListCompanies).getCompanies();

But this Action's primary job is to return a list of users (which it does).

As the list is screen data i should be defining this in my form bean? This
is something thats being confusing me for weeks. If i've a bunch of
collections how can i make them available to iterate tags and select menus,
without using useBean (sorry silly design constraint, but beyond my
control).

Hopefully I'm just being silly, i could really do with some pointers as
where i'm missing the point.

Cheers mark