struts-user mailing list archives

From shirishchandra.sakh...@ubs.com
Subject RE: Access external file from web application
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2002 09:15:42 GMT
use html:image tag...

And generate the path dynamically something like...

<%!String imagePath=""; %>

<%imagePath=session.getAttribute("path");//can be any logic u have to generate
the image path...Better if u can put this logic in action and put just the path
attribute on form:-))  ...%>

regards,
Shirish

-----Original Message-----
From: amit [mailto:amit@direct2s.com]
Sent: Monday, December 23, 2002 10:16 AM
To: struts-user
Cc: amit
Subject: Access external file from web application

Hi All,

Is there any way to access a file(image,..etc) from the web application. the
path of the image is dynamically generated.

The requirement is that we have to upload a image file and store it to
somewhere on server at dynamically generated path. Now, Problem is how I should
refer this file from the application, As the application don't know the path at
the time of implementation(application).

Please help.