struts-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Hill" <andrew.david.h...@gridnode.com>
Subject RE: Re: Lifecycle of a request object
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 03:12:26 GMT
<snip>
Unless ua re explicitely doing some thing like
request.setAttribute() in the jsp
</snip>

I should point out that request _attributes_ set in the JSP won't be
submitted to the server from the form as they are set in the request within
which the jsp does its rendering, while the form submission is a new request
initiated by the browser. (They will of course remain present after being
set during rendering and serverside forwarding of the request so are
available to the tags invoked after its set)

-----Original Message-----
From: shirishchandra.sakhare@ubs.com
[mailto:shirishchandra.sakhare@ubs.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 00:21
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Re: Lifecycle of a request object

>>Cannot find bean null in request scope
Where do u get this message?Do u mean when the validation fails u get this
message after forwarding to the jsp?
>> In using System.out.printlns() to debug the application, the validate
receives
>>the ActionMapping object and HttpServletRequest objects as arguments. If
>>I do a printout of the one of the request attributes in this method, the
>>request is already null coming to the method.
I think there is some minunderstaing..The request object can never be
null.Do U
mean to say the attribute is not there?And BTW, U should be looking for the
parameter and not attribut if u are checking for the presence of some values
being passed form a jsp....Unless ua re explicitely doing some thing like
request.setAttribute() in the jsp...