struts-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Hill" <andrew.david.h...@gridnode.com>
Subject RE: Forward to a servlet
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 07:05:19 GMT
I thought that even with precompiling you would just point the forward at
the .jsp file as normal? (Ie: shouldnt need to modify the action stuff in
struts-config.xml)

-----Original Message-----
From: Billy Ng [mailto:kwokng@earthlink.net]
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2002 14:45
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Forward to a servlet

Hi folks,

In my Struts app, I am using the Action to call the jsp file.  In the
struts-config.xml, the action tag looks like this,

  <action path="/accounts"
   type="com.mydomain.AccountsAction"
   name="accountsForm"
   validate="false"
   input="/WEB-INF/jsp/AccountsHTML.jsp">
   <forward name="accounts" path="/WEB-INF/jsp/AccountsHTML.jsp"/>
  </action>

Because of some deployment issue, I need to pre-compile the jsp files.  I
successfully use the ANT's jspc tag to compile the all the jsp files to java
files, then compile them to java files.  However, I cannot make it use the
servlet in the forward tag.  I tried to do this (AccountsHTML_jsp is class
file of the compiled version of AccountsHTML.jsp), but I get 404 page.

  <action path="/accounts"
   type="com.mydomain.AccountsAction"
   name="accountsForm"
   validate="false"
   input="/WEB-INF/jsp/AccountsHTML.jsp">
   <forward name="accounts" path="/WEB-INF/ui/AccountsHTML_jsp"/>
  </action>

Would anybody knows how can I make this work?

Thanks in advance!

Billy Ng